(Don't forget to check below for another entry about our visit to the Houston Zoo)
We walked along the shoreline for a bit pointing out seashells for the girls, but these held little interest. I feared the trip had been a complete waste of time as neither girl seemed too interested. But a suggestion of taking off socks and shoes changed everything. At first the girls were hesitant about the soft sand under their bare feet.
But it didn't take long for them to take off and thoroughly enjoy themselves.





I had to include this picture of Megan and the seagulls to tell a funny story.
By the way, I now hate sea gulls. Rather than just toss the remainder of our lunches away, I thought it'd be a good idea to toss the pieces to the birds. What commenced was something from a horror film. As soon as they realized I was tossing food, they all took to wing and came straight for me, hovering overhead. I tried to remain calm and continue tossing pieces, but that only brought greater, hungry numbers closer and closer as they all sought an edge to pluck the food I tossed right out of the sky. I panicked after a few tosses and threw the entire handful of food as far from me as possible and ran (well, to save what little dignity I had left I just walked at a near trot as quickly as possible). Several of them followed me for awhile before accepting I had nothing left. They still hovered nearby for far too long and I have vowed to never feed the gulls again.
No comments:
Post a Comment