However, we have decided not to count it. We were one of the first ones to arrive at the primary classroom and so she quickly ditched the empty Sunbeam row to come sit in my lap where I awaited the arrival of my CTR 4s. However, she never left my lap, frequently asked for snacks from my purse (I have since learned I do NOT share my classroom with a senior primary class so I can leave my bags there to avoid this problem in the future), and refused to participate. She even got upset when they did not sing the songs in the order she wanted, though she knew all but one song already. I tried coaxing her to at least sit in a chair at my side, but we had no luck.
Unfortunately, she took up so much of my attention primary presidency had to come help with my class, well, one specific child who just wanted to participate as much as possible during sharing time. Next week should be better. I'll have my team teacher. Of course, next week I should also expect all 10 of our CTR 4s...
Our other big problem: The Sunbeam teacher wasn't there, which meant I taught the Sunbeams as well. This went about as expected. After several minutes of attempting to teach with a fussy 3 year old in my lap, I left my class with the last minute sub/helper and one of the parents who was having similar problems with HIS new Sunbeam to hand Cadence off to James so I could at least get through my lesson. She came back for the last 15-20 minutes, but still insisted on my lap and I did have to leave the room again when she became inconsolable near the end.
We survived. If barely. I managed to play "Simon Says" while holding on to her to keep the class busy for the last few minutes.
Next week will be her first REAL Sunday as a Sunbeam. This past week was just our practice run (though if the practice run is any indication, we're in trouble). We also learned James has to have Cadence with him as he drops of Megan, since part of Cadence's problem was worrying about her missing sister. Megan, naturally, forgot all her "where's my sister" issues not long after the nursery teacher showed up and was perfectly content in nursery on her own.
The differences between our girls crack me up (though, yes, Lynne is 10 months older). Lynne asked Monday morning if we could go to church so she could go to Primary again. :-)
ReplyDeleteI hope it gets better.
Any chance you could get moved to a Sr Primary class? Or at least a class that won't take Cadence's class if the teacher doesn't show up?