Christmas morning started bright an early, though I was able to convince Cadence 6am was still bedtime and get another 45 minutes of laying in bed before we actually started Christmas morning. The night before, the girls helped me make cookies and set out a plate for Santa. They got new pajamas to wear and I made the pumpkin pies and spinach dip for Christmas day.
The girls were initially unhappy when I didn't immediately give in to demands for breakfast as they wandered out into the living room, but eventually they discovered the treat-filled fuzzy stockings Santa left on the couch for them to go through an feasted on a few chocolates before we confiscated the rest. They also got to open one present each before we did bathtime to get ready for church. Can you guess what Cadence's present was before she opened it?



As messy as the living room was after going through the stockings, it wasn't half the mess it would be a few hours later:

After a quick bath, the girls got dressed into their new Christmas dresses. I picked out Megan's, but Cadence chose her own. We went to the store Friday morning and when she saw the blue, sparkly dress she refused to accept any other and begged for the blue one. How could I say no? The glittered ended up all over the pew at church, but we were able to dust the worst of it off before we left.



After church, we came home and unwrapped the rest of the presents. The girls had a large number of them, thanks to family and friends adding to the mix. Included into today's haul: "Cars" and "Finding Nemo", magna doodles, oversized stuffed animals, a writing toy for Cadence, a remote control car, a talking Mater truck, and a walking, talking toy puppy for Megan.





James and I enjoyed our presents as well. :-) James bought me the entire Harry Potter collection on DVD, plus Ella Enchanted on DVD (I obviously already own, and still read often, the book), plus some beautiful chenille scarves to wear when it gets really cold outside with the wool jacket I got last year. The girls and I bought James a pocket knife he's been wanting for awhile, plus a few DVDs and a new game to play.
Oh, and James got a new chair, though, that wasn't Christmas. That was just because we wanted one, lol. Picked it up Friday after work and we're already in love. A La-Z-Boy rocking chair. None better! (Really, this is just an excuse to post a picture of my handsome husband interacting with our kids. He's so great with them!)

Christmas dinner was another success, though the girls have torn the place apart with their parents distracted. Ham, sweet potatoes, rolls and stuffing. Pumpkin pie awaits once our stomachs settle. We have three of them sitting in our fridge... Leftovers, anyone?
Sounds like you had a great Christmas Sarah! The girls really seemed to love opening their presents - and they look sooooo sweet in their dresses!! Am very jealous of your complete HP DVD collection - we've got the first 5 on DVD but we still need to buy 6 and Parts 1 & 2 of 7.
ReplyDelete