Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Awaiting Christmas

We've had quite a week around here. Aunt Robyn came to visit. Wouldn't you know it? I didn't get a SINGLE picture of her with her nieces! We're both such slackers. But we had a blast nonetheless. The girls adored having someone else to give them nonstop attention. They didn't seem to care when Aunt Robyn walked away at the airport but when we got back to the car and she still wasn't with us, they realized something was now different again and were both rather sad as they repeated "no more Aunt Robyn" while getting buckled.

We didn't do anything spectacular. Robyn babysat one day so James and I could sneak way for a child-free date. We went out to lunch and a movie and did Christmas shopping for the girls. On Monday, we did go check out Ikea and then Yogurtland (at Robyn's request). The girls LOVED the frozen yogurt. Too bad the nearest one is too far away to be a regular thing. Totally affordable and tasty.



Monday night, we did a little more holiday inspired stuff. I spent Sunday night snarling and throwing things as the icing refused to set up, but after taking a break and letting the icing set a bit more, I was then able to successfully assemble the house so it was all ready for the girls to decorate. We opted for just smearing the roof with icing and letting the girls go nuts. They had a blast.




Christmas is only a few days away! Looking forward to it. We've been very blessed this season. Several others have thought of our family and the girls are going to be very spoiled. I should remember to snap pictures Christmas morning. We'll be doing stockings first thing in the morning, then church (just Sacrament meeting), then home for the unwrapping of the rest of the presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment