At the suggestion of the nursery leader, we dropped Megan off at nursery this week. The original plan was just for a trial period. James vowed to check in on her once he was done teaching his Sunday School class, and possibly take her with him.
So, we walked both girls down to the nursery room. Megan fussed a bit when I put her down and she began to suspect I'd be leaving her behind. Once we got her sitting at the round table with all the other kids, James and I were able to slip out and we went to our respective places.
It's not the first time I've sat through sharing time without her, James frequently takes her to his classes with him for the day, but her absence was crazy obvious to me today. Every time I caught movement at the primary door I'd turn and half-hope it would be a nursery leader with my little girl in her arms because it wasn't going well. The only time they did come in the room was to bring Cadence to me for a potty run. I took the time to ask the leader how Megan was doing and was told she was doing just fine. Cadence, apparently, was being a very good big sister and watching out for Megan the whole time they were playing together (aww!)
James checked on her after his class and again halfway through his third hour class, but both times she was perfectly content.
So, it's official. Both my girls are in nursery. I now have my hands free for almost two whole hours every single Sunday. No more wrestling with Megan while trying to teach my lesson, no more wandering the halls during sharing time because I can't get her to behave in the primary room. The girls in my class were almost as sad as I was at the lack of a distraction.
Yes, yet another lesson in the true meaning of "bittersweet".
No comments:
Post a Comment