At some point, his mom will be dropping off the present she got him. I'm both leery and excited about the present. It's going to take up a lot of space, but I've heard quite a bit about James's capability with this particular present and I am intensely curious (though I'm sure he's out of practice). Plus, it comes with a surprise "free gift" that I can play with, so I'm excited about that, too. Either way, I've cleared the space in our closet to fit it. (I'll update what it is once he's received it. His mom really wants it to be a surprise, so I'm trying to keep hush around him).
Friday, February 18, 2011
Happy Birthday: James
James turned 26 on Thursday. We'll do a quick post just in case he browses through this blog (as he tends to do randomly), so he knows how special I think he is. :-)
We didn't get to do much for his birthday. He had to work (extended hours now, as well, since he's the sole operator of his machine and they need stuff done). But he got to pack a single serving of carrot cake to take to work for at least some kind of special treat. While at home I made the full-sized homemade one. I also got to work on something he requested awhile ago: a new dice bag. In the end it wasn't quite what I wanted, but it's better than what he had up until now, so it'll do until I find the time to crank out another one.
Once he got home, we dropped the girls off with Nana and went out to a special dinner just for him. Got a free steak dinner from Black Angus since it was his birthday. We could have afforded not to use the coupon, but we had it so... why not? Actually, I got the free steak dinner since my entree was the cheaper one, but we still got dinner half-off. And since the coupon we turned in said it was his birthday, along with the check, he got a fresh cookie-pie with a scoop of ice cream and a candle on top, along with a birthday song. We were both too stuffed to eat more than a bite or two of the cookie, so we scooped it into our to-go boxes and let the girls have at once we got home.
At some point, his mom will be dropping off the present she got him. I'm both leery and excited about the present. It's going to take up a lot of space, but I've heard quite a bit about James's capability with this particular present and I am intensely curious (though I'm sure he's out of practice). Plus, it comes with a surprise "free gift" that I can play with, so I'm excited about that, too. Either way, I've cleared the space in our closet to fit it. (I'll update what it is once he's received it. His mom really wants it to be a surprise, so I'm trying to keep hush around him).
At some point, his mom will be dropping off the present she got him. I'm both leery and excited about the present. It's going to take up a lot of space, but I've heard quite a bit about James's capability with this particular present and I am intensely curious (though I'm sure he's out of practice). Plus, it comes with a surprise "free gift" that I can play with, so I'm excited about that, too. Either way, I've cleared the space in our closet to fit it. (I'll update what it is once he's received it. His mom really wants it to be a surprise, so I'm trying to keep hush around him).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment