Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

All I've done this week

I'm a cluster photographer. I take dozens of pictures in a matter of days and then nothing for weeks. As proof, I will tell you, the three pictures included in this blog post are the only pictures I've taken since Erin left (not counting my show off picture of James's birthday present).
We've all been getting over a cold. Surprisingly, I seem to have been hit the hardest. While Cadence and Megan had the cough and runny nose, I was the only one running a fever of 102 for two days. It didn't even register that I had a fever the first day. All I knew was I was crazy sore when I woke up and was wishing the foam mattress pad we ordered would arrive already. Then when the achiness only got worse and I began getting chills, I clued in and took my temperature. At which point, I promptly plopped my butt on the couch and spent the rest of the day watching TV with my girls. They were sick, as I said, so they slept pretty well, when all is said and done and I got some decent rest moments myself:
We've had a bit of maintenance drama here. We called in about a soft spot on the ceiling of our shower a month ago. They came in, cut the spot out and put a piece of wood over it. They said they'd come back to paint it, but two weeks later, we still hadn't heard from anyone. The soft spot had grown and gray splotches of mold were appearing. We put in yet another call, during which they came to look, but made no repairs. Then we got a phone call asking about repairs that had been claimed as "completed". When we explained that the problem remained, still nothing happened. Finally, the past few days, water began dripping steadily (when our upstairs neighbors showered) right into our bathroom. James went and filed a complaint. They came in that night, cut out the portion of the ceiling and stapled a trash bag over it. Apparently the guy who'd been in charge of the repair had recently been fired, but they're limited since our upstairs neighbors require 24 hours notice before maintenance can enter their apartment. So... who knows...
Anyway, we're recovering slowly but surely over here from this cold. At some point we hope to have our bathroom up and running properly. Our biggest drama right now is Megan's blood work came back and she's anemic, which might account for the slowed weight gain. So she's on vitamin drops with iron and I'm trying to put a high-iron food with every meal. She's to be retested in a month. I admit, I'm a little nervous. It feels like I'll be graded on this. If she doesn't get her iron levels up, then I'm slacking somehow, right? Of course, I know that's not the truth, but that's how it feels. Especially since I didn't get the prescription iron drops, but picked up some infant multivitamin+iron drops from Walmart. Not looking forward to a lecture if I did the wrong thing, but I figured might as well fit the vitamins in with the iron.

Guess we'll see in a few weeks! Oh, also, over the next few weeks, expect studio pictures posted. I've scheduled appoints for both girls and for family pictures over the next 2 weeks or so, and I always pay the extra few bucks for low quality digital copies of all of the poses I didn't buy full-size (plus the ones I did, of course).

Also, for those that care, I finished my 30 day photo challenge (which is still linked at the top of this page). I slacked and took several weeks to do the last 3 photos. But I did them. Finally. Officially. Done.

1 comment:

  1. Did James get sick, too? Or just you girls? Would you believe after we swapped colds with YOU, Jeff mutated the ones we brought home from you and the kids are sick AGAIN?

    *sigh*

    And the number of pictures you took since our trip? The same number I took ON the trip. How sad, huh?

    At least the girls were low key while you were sick. :-)

    ReplyDelete