Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Name that tune

Cady's discovered songs. I think it's a combination of nursery and me, because I start singing songs and she's suddenly singing along (as best she can). She gets so excited and runs in circles the whole time we're singing together. So, let's play name that tune. I'll give you her "lyrics" and you try to guess what song it is (most of htem should be pretty easy):

1) "I mumumum gah ahh mumumum ear as mumumum hoe mumumumum ear.... leemee gah mumumumum teeemeee... do... sim day"

2) "Heh ... toe ... heh... toe ... eyes ... nose!"

3) "A C D C E S E blah blah blah M M O P coo res 2 vee... Y N C!"

4) *mommy sings* "SNAP!" *mommy sings* "SNAP!" *mommy sings* "SNAP!"

Her current favorite book is "The Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly". We leave it in the car and as soon as she's buckled she kicks her legs and asks for "Fy? Fy?" until we hand her the book and then she will point ot the pictures and name them all (except the spider). It's a relatively easy story, of course, so I'm able to repeat it from memory and she'll pretend to flip through the book as I "read" it while I drive. She thinks it's funny.

Megan's... Megan's just stinking adorable. She's really good at just being absolutely adorable. Every time you look at her she wrinkles her nose at you and grins. It can just melt your heart. She's stubbornly refusing to walk. She'll hold on to my finger and take several steps and I've tricked her into taking half a dozen unassisted steps a few times, but she's such a stubborn little girl! She's actually getting really good at standing. She's crouching while standing, though not confidently, and she's working on standing without having to pull herself up. She's good enough at standing up from a semi-crouch (she'll put her hand on something a few inches higher than the ground and stand from that). Today she actually thought about walking before she took a few steps. Mostly I think she decided I was close enough and she'd worked hard enough to stand, she might as well walk rather than lower herself back to the floor and have to stand up all over again.

I wonder if she's as much of a perfectionist as I am...

1 comment:

  1. Lol! The song thing was too funny. That's how it was in nursery for us. They'd belt out that one word then mumble the rest, lol.

    ReplyDelete