Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's not quite Friday yet


Cadence has successfully learned the name of every animal in a board book we have. She's got butterfly, sheep, pig, cow, bird, chicken, monkey, frog... all of them. Well, no, she calls the goat a cow (can't blame her, it's got the black and white coloring) and she stumbles over guinea pig (who wouldn't?). But the other 20+ pictures she can point to and name and is quite pleased with herself. She'd go through that book a dozen times in a row, so long as I happily cheer her on and praise her each time. She loves showing off her words! She'll proudly point out people and name them every chance she gets. She even knows the animals names. Lately, every puppy she sees is "Oreo" (Nana's dog).

Recently, we got rid of cable television in our household. I must say, I'm loving it. We didn't really watch a ton of TV, but I never bothered with turning it off during the day so it was constantly on. At the end of the day, I'd be irritated with how long it had been on. Over the past 2 days, it's already been on less. The radio's been on more. It's been pretty nice, all around.

We've got some small plans for the weekend. Originally, we were going to go to a pumpkin patch and go crazy with that. But James is going out with the missionaries Saturday morning and then he'll need the afternoon to put his talk together. We're both speaking in Sacrament this Sunday. I've been working on mine for the past few days so that James can have full use of the computer and everything else on his day off. So instead of going out and paying twice the cost for a pumpkin on Saturday, just for a few photo ops, we're going to purchase ours from the store when we go grocery shopping tomorrow. We'll just take a bunch of pictures of Cadence painting her pumpkin (since she is painting instead of carving the thing for obvious reasons) instead. We will be doing that Saturday afternoon, and James will take a break from his talk to join us for that one.

Megan is beginning to mimic her sister recently. James swears Megan repeated "Spongebob" after Cadence. I didn't hear it, but I'll believe him. Mostly because I've sat in the girls' room and heard Megan repeat Cadence's "whee" often enough to believe Megan will repeat just about anything her sister says that sounds fun to say. We're encouraging the walking thing around here. I'm not trying to push her into walking sooner than she's ready, but I am trying to build up her confidence, since I think that's her problem. She thinks about walking, then gets a worried look on her face and lowers herself to the ground again. Lately, though, she walks fairly capably while holding on to just one of my fingers. A little wobbly still, but she was needing both hands held only a week ago.

1 comment: