Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Heels, Wrestling, and other stuff

Caught Cadence walking around in my heeled boots this afternoon. You could hear her clacking around in the kitchen and Megan was just following her around like a lovesick puppy. It was quite entertaining, actually.

They're playing together so well nowadays! They've even started wrestling, which is absolutely adorable. If I leave Megan on the couch, she'll crawl to the other end and lay her head on the arm of the couch. Cadence will quickly join her and they'll roll around, half sitting on each other, and giggle like crazy. Or on the floor. Or just about anywhere. They're almost constantly together nowadays. If Cadence is getting into the pantry, Megan is right there with her. If Megan's pulling laundry out of the basket, it's because Cadence tipped it over for her. I once walked into their room to find the four bottom drawers emptied and the two girls sorting through the clothes together.
We also had a fun story with Cadence at Nana's house the other day. Nana has one of those shape-sorter tubs, where you have to put the toy through the right shape hole to get the toys into the tub. Cadence was getting quite frustrated, despite our best attempts to guide her in the right direction. With a sudden determination over a particularly difficult shape, she simply lifted off the lid and put the difficult piece into the tub that "easy way". I busted up laughing, finding her problem-solving skills simply hilarious. She quickly went back to attempting to put the toys back into the tub the "right way", but I still caught myself giggling over her previous solution.

We also bought Cady's Halloween costume and are on the lookout for something matching for Megan that's not super expensive. I don't care to spend to much money on a costume they'll only wear once or twice, especially when they're both too young to really care.

But that's really all for now, I suppose. Having a blast with the girls. Enjoying James's new work schedule that allows him to wake up several hours earlier and almost doubling our daily time with him. We're so spoiled now!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I think it's awesome that you had your girls close together so they can be partners in crime. (We get that with James and Andrew too)

    She's going to be adorable in that costume too!

    ReplyDelete