It's been a nice week. We had some bigger plans in the works when we learned how much time we'd have together, but a few issues crept up, including the girls getting sick over the weekend. So aquarium and beach visits have been postponed for later, sadly. On Sunday, the girls got 2 1/2 hours alone with James while he stayed home with our poor sick girls so I could go substitute a primary class. It went smoothly. When I got home, we discovered Megan had managed to cut two teeth in those 2 hours. So, kudos to James for handling that one! Even I get a little frazzled with her when she's teething.
Megan's been extra snuggly today, since she woke up with a 102 degree fever. Regular doses of tylenol and lots of cuddle time has kept her pretty happy. We're unsure what's wrong. It would happen our first day after James's insurance expired. Luckily, she's still covered under MediCal, so if anything's really wrong, I can take her in without worrying at all. We're working on her standing. She's capable of standing on her own and even took a small half-step the other day, but she's fallen and hurt herself badly enough (drawn blood by bonking her mouth) and often enough that she's too timid to stand on her own anymore. As soon as she try, she fusses and falls right back into us.
Cadence is loving having both parents home. She keeps busy. She amazes us daily with a new word or phrase that she's picked up and it's become such a delight to just get her to talk to us. She's such a smart little girl! I'm sure ever mother thinks that, and I'm sure it's just as true for others as it is for my little girl. I am constantly amazed at how quickly these little girls can pick things up!
Anyway, below are a few pictures snapped from our duck feeding. There were just too many cute shots of Cadence hanging out with her Daddy, I couldn't resist taking a dozen of them:
No comments:
Post a Comment