I've announced it just about everywhere else, but I'll post here nonetheless, for record-keeping sake.
Megan took her first step (at least that I've seen) today! I squealed with delight when I saw it, and my delight had her grinning one of the biggest grins I've ever seen. I was completely stunned. She doesn't practice standing that often, so when she lifted her hands from my leg, I was all set to cheer for her. But then she took that step towards the cupboard and I was about ready to jump up and down with excitement.
I missed Cadence's first step, so I was thrilled to witness Megan's first.
Naturally, she's made no attempts to repeat this particular feat and I have no expectations of it. She still barely stands, deeming it unnecessary and I suspect she'll deem walking unnecessary as well for awhile. But she has the capability and she'll pick it up when she feels like it. :-) I'm in no hurry for her to become an official toddler any time soon.
PS- How pretty is the new layout I stole? LoL. I was just randomly browsing, saw this one and fell in love.
Woo-hoo!! Glad you got to see it!
ReplyDelete