Cadence was too busy running in circles to sit still long enough for a decent pose. James and I were trying to herd her, but instead of being at the ready with the camera, the photographer would set the camera down and wait. So she missed multiple opportunities and we ended up with only four options for family pictures. And in two of them, Cadence was not smiling. We then tried girls-only pictures, but Cadence wouldn't cooperate, so we got a few of me and the girls (only two turned out) and a few of myself and James (with lame poses that I hated) and Cadence refused to smile while Daddy was holding her, so no pictures of James and the girls at all.
Anyway, they weren't terrible results, but in the end I only bought a cheap package of one of the family pictures (the second one here), since I want a new one for my wall and know it'll take another miracle to get James to agree to pose for another photo session. It took a little of batting my eyelashes and sweet smiles to get him to put up with our wedding pictures as long as he did, lol. I am thinking, I'm going to have to hand a camera to a sibling and go to the park and fill the rest of our wall with a bunch of candid photos to make up for the lame family picture.




Put your head from the first picture in the second picture and I quite like it. (The angle is weird in the second picture.)
ReplyDeleteOh, and I love James' face in the 2nd picture. :-) Very James.
ReplyDeleteI think they turned out alright. Better than any pictures I've ever had taken at JCPenney. The last time we had really great family pictures, they were taken by David and Lindsey Bunting at Hart Park. Now there are all kinds of women/young women in Monica Ward who are pretty good amateur photographers. I think I'll hire one of them next time.
ReplyDeleteThe second one totally is a James expression. I like that one the best, even if Cadence isn't looking at the camera.