Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Crawling

So, I had to re-design because my old design was about to be taken down from the host and I didn't have the time to sit down and figure out the html codes with the new blogger template. Lame. Took me a little longer to get the header made, but the stick figures (which I stole, of course) are super cute, yeah?

Anyway, yesterday morning, the girls and I went to Centennial Park for a playdate with someone from online. Megan and I spread a blanket of the foamy asphalt stuff while Cadence went nuts on the playground. A family with four kids showed up and instantly adopted Cadence as their little sister and led her around the playground, so I was able to sit back and just keep an eye on her rather than having to hover around the equipment to coach her through each area.

The woman I met brought her 13 month old and we basically sat in the shade and chatted (because everyone knows playdates are more for the moms then the kids!). In the midst of her telling me about her emergency cesarean at 28 weeks due to eclampsia (not even pre-eclampsia), I glanced at Megan and was stunned to see her actually crawling. She's been rocking on her hands and knees, threatening to do more than her army crawl for awhile, but never carried through with that threat. After contemplating it for awhile, she'd just flop to her belly and s coot instead.

But yesterday, seemingly out of nowhere, she was crawling across the playground. I guess the rough texture of the foamy asphalt was enough motivation, lol.

And today, she's been crawling off and on. She's already faster with crawling than she is with scooting, so she'll probably switch to crawling sooner than Cadence did (Cady's crawling was slower than her scooting for awhile).

Poor Megan also has four teeth trying to cut through right now. So she's been chomping on things a lot recently. She's also suffering from this head cold that refuses to go away. Her cough is more phelgmy and her nose is stuffier than ever. I took Cadence in to the doctor for the same worsening symptoms last week (after 10 days of the cold), but was told it's just a virus and to wait it out. Sure enough, other than an occasional cough, she's over it. Hopefully Megan'll be better by Sunday. It's been a month since we got to go to our ward and I'm eager to go.

4 comments:

  1. Look away for a second and they're off to college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that she's crawling. Totally not awesome on getting four teeth at once, poor child. Totally not awesome that that poor lady had to have an emergency c-section that early either. So her baby is fine, I take it? I've been freaked that I'll go into labor early with this one so early labor/delivery stories with a positive outcome are always reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was 100% fine. Big and chunky (as big as Cady, if not as tall) and crawling like a pro and almost ready to walk. Developmentally he was more like an 10-11 month old, of course, so doing very well..

    ReplyDelete