Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Megan's Blessing

Megan's baby blessing was today. We only went to Church long enough for her blessing because James got a phone call the night before asking him to come in to work on his day off. It's a part of his job, just not one we had to deal with much. But since we had planned to have Megan blessed and James had been asked to be in another blessing circle, he arranged to go after.

Anyway, Megan looked beautiful in the dress Aunt Erin made for her, and the blanket Nana crocheted was beautiful as well (though James forgot to take it up with him for the blessing itself, no biggie, Megan hates blankets anyway recently). It was hard for us in the back to hear James's low voice giving the blessing, but James told me what was said, and I wrote it down in my personal journal so that I can tell Megan when she's older.

On a downer note, Cadence seems to have caught her dad's cold and is not feeling too well today. All stuffed up and a sore throat, poor girl.

Now, pictures (if they'll upload, my computer's on the fritz):

The full shot of the dress (with blanket background)

Adorable close-up:

Sisters (not cooperating):

Daddy and daughter:

With mom (though mom hates the pic, lol):

7 comments:

  1. Whatever. I like the picture with Mom.

    How long was the dress on her? And holy sleeves on the baby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the full-sized picture, her feet are where the bunching seems to stop. Between the second to last and the last row of the blanket, if that makes sense. So there was an extra... 8-10 inches?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures....wish we could have made it! And the dress is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was absolutely adorable! Luckily we were up front so we were able to catch most of what James said- he's totally a low talker though so it was a struggle.

    Stinks that Cadence got sick- I was looking forward to playing with her in RS. Hopefully she gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, James's voice is hard to hear. Even in the same room I have to ask him to repeat himself some days.

    We'll be in RS next week. Are you teaching? Or do you teach 3rd Sunday? I'm in RS so rarely, it's hard to remember, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Der- Barely seeing your last comment now. Anyway, I teach third Sunday. It gets confusing because I switch with 2nd Sunday from time to time.

    ReplyDelete