Our last swimming lesson was today. There's another lesson tomorrow, but because James has a workshop thing to do for work, it was just going to be 100x easier to skip tomorrow and let him drive himself. So, today was it. The girls have been having a blast the last 3 weeks and I think we'll all be a little sad to have no more lessons, but at the same time, getting up at 5:30 3x a week has already gotten old and I'm ready to just be getting up the kids up that early only 2x a week from now on.
Anyway, I'm no expert, but the girls are doing worlds better. No, they're not swimming, they're not even floating. Megan still fights getting water in her ears. However, they're more comfortable in the water, which was my entire reason for taking them. Their teacher has said she's hoping to do another series of lessons before summer starts and I'll for sure make room in our schedule for it again so we can brush up on those skills before pool season begins.
So, here's a few pictures from our last day of lessons. I blurred out their teacher's face, since I don't want to be posting her face all over the internet without her permission, but I couldn't very well get pictures of the girls swimming without her in them, so... Here we go.
 |
| The girls waiting their turn for their one-on-one turn to practice the new skill |
 |
| Megan "floating" and doing her best to keep water out of her ears. |
 |
| Cadence did well with her floating, she just got a little tense when not being obviously supported by the teacher. She, too, had issues with her ears in the water, though not as extreme as Megan. |
 |
| She constantly gripped the edge and would step off the bench to let her legs float beneath her. She thinks buoyancy is fun. |
 |
| Megan playing at the side of the pool (beautiful shot, IMO) |
 |
| Cadence kicking her legs and "blowing bubbles" to practice floating/swimming on her belly. |
 |
| Waiting at the steps after they had jumped off the edge of the pool to the teacher, who let them get in over their heads for a moment before pulling them up and encouraging them to immediately orient themselves and "swim" to the step. The lesson always ended with them fetching the rings from underwater, just low enough they had to get their chins in the water and blow bubbles to reach. |
 |
| Connor and I chilling at the edge of the pool as we cheer on our little swimmers. |
That was a beautiful shot of Megan. Her eyes are so bright- love it.
ReplyDelete