Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Here a little, there a little

I have yet to take any pictures during swim practice (fingers crossed I get the chance to do so tomorrow, it will depend on Connor's mood). However, here area few pictures to tide you over. :-)

In a quick catch-up, preschool is going well. The novelty has begun to wear off, but the girls are learning and retaining. This Thursday we'll be going to a health museum to match our "science lesson" about how awesome the human body is (for what it's worth, the lesson sucked, but I imagine the health museum will be a blast). Megan is noticeably improving with her fine motor skills and showing definite signs of being a lefty. Cadence is actually struggling a bit because she's been self-taught for so long that she's having a hard time with the formality, but she's excelling performance wise and taking direction well. The problem is she completes the work in 1/3 of the time it takes Megan, so she has a lot of downtime.

Connor cut his second tooth in record time this morning. When I peeked at his gums upon waking, there was nothing to see. At lunchtime, I noticed a solid tooth bud and when I checked again twenty minutes later, it had cut through. On the plus side, with both lower teeth in, we should have at least a month of nothing before the top ones start cutting. He's also extremely mobile now and can be halfway across the living room in the time it takes me to blink. We have his six month check-up next Tuesday, so we'll see how big he's gotten, though most in-town friends estimate him to be about 20lbs by now (considering he was only 16.5 2 months ago, I'm not sure he's that big yet)

I'm also super excited because we've recently decided on a Halloween costume for him and if we can get all the components together, it's going to be super cute (the most important component being taken care of by his grandma!). The girls have also selected their costumes, but their's are store-bought already put together, so no concerns there, though I will need leggings for both of them.



One last update/note, I got an awesome deal on an electric keyboard, with piano-weighted keys (muy importante). Once the keyboard stand and sustain pedal I ordered arrive, I'm excited to start playing again. I was never very good, but it's something I enjoy. The girls and I already spent an hour yesterday printing sheet music to some of their favorite church songs so I could attempt to play them. Their eyes just lit up when I first pulled out our Friend magazine and began playing "A Child's Prayer" and they realized what this new toy was capable of. The best moment was when Cadence sat next to me softly singing along, kicking her little legs and smiling (tears to me eyes, I swear). Next, they sat next to me and instructed me to sing while they "played the song". Oh yes, it's going to be an awesome addition to our home. Eventually I'd like to get an actual piano, but since we're still moving around, a quality keyboard is the next best thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment