Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving & the Day After

Well, our second Thanksgiving on our own went off without a hitch. Mostly. Turkey turned out well, rolls didn't burn, everything ended up on the table at the right time, etc. Well, we had to improvise with the deviled eggs a bit (ew) and the gravy turned out a little lumpy. However, dinner was delicious and I was quite pleased with myself for putting it all together so well.

The girls weren't pleased with being woken up for the early dinner, but once they woke up and started eating, they didn't stop. Cadence gorged herself on olives and Megan asked for seconds on mashed potatoes. When we served the pumpkin pie, they ate the whipped cream and left the pie. Silly girls.

This morning, we ventured out to a different Christmas tree farm than the one we went to last year. It was closer, but not as large. An enjoyable little adventure, though we, again opted to not get one from the field and will likely end up going to Home Depot for our purchase (either tomorrow or later into December).
 
After that little adventure, we ended up at Ihop for a (very) late lunch. Cadence eagerly attacked a chocolate chip pancake. Megan consumed her entire cheeseburger. Then both girls split the remains of my chicken sandwich. I just didn't have the space for the whole meal I got for myself. Baby boy rolled himself up and out. I was showing enough that complete strangers felt confident in asking whether it was a boy or a girl. It was pretty obvious. Not used to being so obvious at only 23 weeks. I'll have to get a picture later to share. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment