Looks like Connor is on his way. :-)
Yup, all boy! I know that's what most people were looking forward to with the 20 week anatomy scan (21 weeks for me, but...). And Connor was not shy about showing it off. I caught two separate glimpses of his, er, gender before the technician even meant to look. It's a good thing we were planning to find out, because that surprise would have been ruined in the first minute of the ultrasound otherwise. Every time the wand passed over that spot, he was showing it all off.
Anyway, the ultrasound experience itself was amazing. My last two experiences, the technicians turned the screen away and didn't speak to me the entire time. This time, the technician kept the monitor toward me and narrated everything she was doing and looking at. I got to actually see the position of the placenta, know when she was looking at and measuring the kidneys, etc.
Despite wiggling like crazy (and making the tech's job difficult in the process), he refused to turn over to let her get some of the measurements she needed. So I had to flip from side to side to get him to turn. She eventually got all of them without too much of an issue. He was head down, with his head almost right up against my cervix (which the doctor deemed perfect: long and closed). Someone should tell him he's got at least 15 weeks left in there. He also measured a few days ahead again.
The doctor came in shortly after her to review the pictures and measurements and take a quick peek himself. In his opinion, all was well, but, of course, the final verdict will be given by my personal OB. Very polite, very friendly, and he made sure I had all my questions answered, including gender, made sure I had my CD of pictures, and sent me on my way.
Still getting bigger over here. Definitely no hiding the fact that I am pregnant most of the time, which is funny given my previous experiences of having to tell people because they couldn't figure it out on their own. Measured my waist the other day and I was 6" bigger around already. Also have issues getting shoes on and off at times. James is getting a good laugh. :-P

Cute name!! Congrats you two!
ReplyDelete