Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkins 2012

Had to flea bomb the house today. The threat of cold sent them running to safety in our house. Safety no longer, mwahaha.

So, while James worked, I picked up the worst of the mess so cleaning after we got home would be easy. We got the girls dressed and headed out the door (once the cats were safely tucked away, that is) and on to a nearby pumpkin patch. It wasn't nearly as grand as Dewberry Farm with all it's amazing attractions, but it was free and it had a jump-house. And, personally, I preferred their pumpkin selection.

We briefly wandered the pallets of pumpkins before the girls noticed the bouncy castle. I wasn't sure they'd be interested. The last time we'd attempted it, Cadence screamed, but that was over two years ago, so...  Anyway, they loved it.


They lost interest once other people joined them, that darn shyness rears its ugly head again. They might've been fine if it was just the other kid, but a mom climbed in to coax her toddler to play. Anyway, we went back to picking out pumpkins. The girls found several nice, plump round pumpkins but frequently insisted they were too large and finally settled for little round pumpkins about the size of a baseball or softball. To make up for it, James and I surveyed the selection to find an oversized one. We actually bought a bigger one than I intended, but I think the girls will enjoy painting it when we get around to decorating it (since we paint instead of carve pumpkins for now).



Sadly, no pictures of me this time. I'm feeling unpleasantly plump lately (Gee, wonder why that is). Actually the real reason is we didn't spend that much time at the pumpkin patch and these are pretty much the only pictures I thought to take. James is in by a fluke. We bought the girls' Halloween costumes, which will also be used when they go see Disney on Ice for their birthday next month (Well, a week before their birthday). Very much looking forward to that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment