Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween 2012

I know, it's early, but we won't be Trick or Treating around here, so the Trunk or Treat tonight was it for us. We bought the girls' costumes a few weeks ago, getting a great deal on both of them. Unfortunately, they were both a touch too big and my sewing machine broke (joy). I was able to fix Cadence's but there was no way I could make the machine cooperate long enough to hem Megan's skirt (and no way I was sewing THAT by hand!)

We also painted pumpkins again this year, but since we stripped the girls down to just their underwear I'm not posting those pictures online. Still, they had a blast painting the over-sized pumpkin we got from the pumpkin patch and the girls got a kick out of the silly face I painted on once their paint had dried.

The Trunk or Treat at our church was fun. The girls had a blast playing all the games and then going through all the trunks to get their treats. They filled their little $1 pumpkin pails almost to the brim! :-) It was unexpectedly cold, so the girls had to layer. Long-sleeved tees and thicker stockings under their skirts and they still kept shoving icy fingers into my hand and Megan's nose was bright pink by the time we finally left.

Anyway, as always... Pictures! :-) Megan had taken off her little matching velvet crown and Cadence was holding the "fur" shawl rather than wearing it, but they looked adorable nonetheless. Even better, we can re-use these costumes when we go see Disney on Ice in 2 weeks. Ignore Cadence's "smile" in the first picture. We captured some real ones from her in the last 2 (also, ignore the crayon on the front door and the mess behind Cadence in the last picture... or else).



2 comments:

  1. I know you told us to ignore the crayon or else but that is EXACTLY what all my doors look like at the moment! Time to go buy some magic erasers I guess. Your girls are getting big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I have magic erasers, but sometimes the amount of crayon on my walls (even though I haven't bought crayons in ages!) gets so bad I just can't get up the motivation to care enough to clean.

    ReplyDelete