After bribing, reminding, and coaxing them to keep their fingers out of their mouths, it eventually ended with them just grinning and laughing whenever we would try. Even moving their hands away from their mouths became a game.
So, I invested in a nail polish intended to stop nail biting. After one morning, we already have marked improvement. Before I submitted my girls to this torture, I painted my own thumb nail, which I do tend to chew on whenever I'm distracted or thinking or whatever and tasted it first. It is absolutely disgusting and poor Megan... since her nail does not immediately touch her tongue when she sucks on her fingers, as it does with thumb-sucking, means she sucks off quite a bit of the nasty tasting stuff, which only becomes tasteable when she removed her fingers and her tongue touches the roof of her mouth where the stuff has collected. Yes, I experimented with this as well, so I have nothing but sympathy for her. And, as I have yet to remove the nail polish from my own thumb nail, I've been getting random tastes of it throughout the day as well.
*
Last night for FHE we dyed our Easter Eggs. I didn't take pictures, since two preschool aged girls and cups of colored dye over a carpeted dining room.... yes, it took both parents' full concentration to keep our rented carpet from becoming tie-dyed. The girls had a blast and they loved the shapes appearing on the eggs (I took a white crayon to them before we started). We used the wire whisk suggestion to give the girls full control of the situation, letting them "stir" the eggs gently to keep the occupied while we waited for the color to take. Can't wait for the Easter Bunny to scatter them around our backyard for the girls to go find. :-)
Speaking of the Easter Bunny, he's gotten more things than I wanted him to get for the girls, but I'm unable to say no every time a new idea pops into his (or is it a her?) head. They're not horribly spoiled, but they're definitely getting more than what was on the initial agreed-upon list.
They also have new dresses, which I bought a month ago. Early, I know, but I didn't want to wait until last minute again and have limited choices like I did at Christmas. I love the dresses the girls chose and, bonus, they've already forgotten they exist, so they'll be extra excited to see new dresses Sunday morning. There will be pictures of that, I promise.
Of course, naptime is coming and the girls are growing a little more desperate about not being able to suck on their digits of choice as they grow tired.
Last night for FHE we dyed our Easter Eggs. I didn't take pictures, since two preschool aged girls and cups of colored dye over a carpeted dining room.... yes, it took both parents' full concentration to keep our rented carpet from becoming tie-dyed. The girls had a blast and they loved the shapes appearing on the eggs (I took a white crayon to them before we started). We used the wire whisk suggestion to give the girls full control of the situation, letting them "stir" the eggs gently to keep the occupied while we waited for the color to take. Can't wait for the Easter Bunny to scatter them around our backyard for the girls to go find. :-)
Speaking of the Easter Bunny, he's gotten more things than I wanted him to get for the girls, but I'm unable to say no every time a new idea pops into his (or is it a her?) head. They're not horribly spoiled, but they're definitely getting more than what was on the initial agreed-upon list.
They also have new dresses, which I bought a month ago. Early, I know, but I didn't want to wait until last minute again and have limited choices like I did at Christmas. I love the dresses the girls chose and, bonus, they've already forgotten they exist, so they'll be extra excited to see new dresses Sunday morning. There will be pictures of that, I promise.
*
We enjoyed General Conference this past weekend. Admittedly, I missed a lot of it. Watched most of it, but missed a lot of what was said. The girls sat through most of Sunday morning sessions. They weren't listening, but they were sitting quietly and coloring while it played on the TV, which was my goal, so success. :-) Cadence recognized the prophet when he spoke.Eager for the text of the talks to be posted so I can see what I missed.
We enjoyed General Conference this past weekend. Admittedly, I missed a lot of it. Watched most of it, but missed a lot of what was said. The girls sat through most of Sunday morning sessions. They weren't listening, but they were sitting quietly and coloring while it played on the TV, which was my goal, so success. :-) Cadence recognized the prophet when he spoke.Eager for the text of the talks to be posted so I can see what I missed.
No comments:
Post a Comment