Just a few anecdotes from the past hour or so:
-Some lawn equipment started up a few houses away while the girls played outside. The unusual noise scared them and they both came running for the back door to get inside, but just before stepping inside, Cadence decided the noise was only a goat. When questioned further, she informed me it was a goat getting a shower and stuck to that story every time the noise started up again. Who am I to argue against such a persuasive argument?
-The primary chorister gave us a CD with all the songs for the primary program in the fall. I put it in to play the songs. Currently, the hymn "Choose the Right" is one of Cadence's favorite songs. She knows the first two verses, only in part because we sing the song frequently throughout the week. Unexpectedly, Cadence began singing along with the CD, even when I did not. Of the seven songs on the CD, she knows three of them almost perfectly and can sing them with only a little encouragement from me. Now to work on the other four. :-)
This is not from today, but I'll share the story anyway:
-Last Sunday was Cadence's first talk in primary. I was a little upset to realize I would miss it, since they moved me to senior primary last week as a teacher. James coached her through it and I'm told she did marvelously, at least as well as a 3 year old with a microphone can be expected to do. She gave a talk on prophets and apostles.
I am really enjoying my new primary class. I was teaching the 4-year-olds, which was enjoyable, but I really, truly enjoy the 7 year olds I am now working with. They're the ones that are going to be baptized this year. We even had our lesson on baptism this week and I loved it. They're a great group of kids and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy being their teacher. Only two weeks in and I think they're amazing and one of the funnest ages I've been able to teach (and that's saying something, because I think I've taught pretty much every age primary has to offer at this point!)
LOL- A goat? What an awesome kid. That cracked me up. And great job to her on the primary songs- and talk!
ReplyDeleteMegan sounds too cute with that pout- how can you be mad with such an adorable look? I got those looks a lot when I worked in nursery and I found myself giggling- which didn't help them much, but at least I felt better. Haha.
Have fun with your primary class! That's one of the best age groups too!