Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Photo Shoot

Before anybody gets too excited, no pictures yet. I didn't ask how soon the CD of pictures would get to me, but I did match dates and it might be a few weeks. I am hopeful they'll put a "preview" (just a few pictures) up on facebook soon so I have a few to share. :-)

The entire experience was much easier than going to a portrait studio. Megan and Cadence cracked me up. The two photographers came and shook our hands to introduce themselves, and Megan shoved her way through and held out her hand and said "Hi, I'm Megan" and insisted on shaking their hands. Cadence then did the same. Too cute.

We spent about an hour and a half taking pictures. They allotted us two hours, but the girls got restless and uncooperative early on and the last series of shots was James wrangling the girls into the scene (seriously, the last set was them over his shoulder and upside down).

Megan will undoubtedly have a dozen cute pictures to share. She was super-cute, all smiles and tilted heads and blond curls. Cadence... well, hopefully of the 100+ shots they have at least a few that turned out. They tried their darnedest, at least, so I'm optimistic. She refused to pose, so they just followed her around hoping to capture a single moment worth printing.

Family pictures depended on the two girls, but, just like with Cadence, they just kept snapping pictures while James and I wrangled and posed, so there should be a few.

The couple pictures were a blast, mostly because James refused to behave. There'll most likely be tons of us laughing together. I think my favorite had to be when we were "dancing", so we'll see what happens. The photographer asked James to dip me and I nearly fell over with how far he dipped me, so I doubt that worked out as she intended, lol.

In the end, despite the girls being frustrating, it was far more enjoyable of an experience. Photographers that listened to us, realized you just can't put the camera down when photographing preschoolers, and went with the flow. The girls walked away from the photo shoot with sand in their hair and dirt-smudged cheeks, so I guess it was a success?

Until the new pictures come out, you're left with this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment