Can I just take a minute to gush about how much I absolutely adore them? I really do! They drive me up the wall and I want to bang my head against something solid multiple times throughout the day, but in the end, I love (mostly) every minute of it. Just now, I was standing in the kitchen watching them and smiling as they interacted with and learned from their current favorite Leap Frog movie (so glad Netflix has all the ones I don't have on DVD yet).
I caught Megan naming some of the letters during the ABC song and even saying some of the sounds before the song did! And Cadence is studiously practicing the animal baby and family names. See how intently they pay attention?
Megan is such a character now! It was so easy to recognize Cadence as a 2 year old because I had this tiny 1 year old to look at and think "wow, she's a lot bigger, okay, she's 2". But Megan... I can't seem to accept that Megan is really a 2 year old, no matter how big she gets, no matter how many words she has, or how much she actually ACTS like a 2 year old (believe it or not, sweet little Megan is my tantrum thrower! Cadence has fits. But Megan will find a clear spot on the carpet to throw herself down and act and look as miserable as possible). But, she's 2! She's actually 2 years old! She's not a baby any more. :-(
And if Megan's not a baby, what does that make Cadence? She's pretty much a preschooler now. She uses full sentences, knows way more than I do, and all those preschooler things. She'll be in Sunbeams in only 8 more Sundays. A Sunbeam! I taught the Sunbeams right after I got out of high school. I know what big kids those Sunbeams are and my kid's about to be one of them. Gah!
I keep thinking they should know more than they already do. But they each have their strengths and they excel in those areas. Megan can manipulate the world around her so completely it's startling. Nothing holds her back. She'll find a way around it whatever it takes. And Cadence is my little artist and talker. I caught her drawing a cat the other day. Complete with whiskers. And she talked me through the whole process once she realized I was paying attention.
:/
Such talented little smarties! I don't believe your girls would ever throw any tantrums- they're too sweet!
ReplyDelete