Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My second 2 year old

She's two! My other baby's two years old today. I've been calling her a two year old for convenience sake for a few months now. It's just so much easier to say "She's two" when people ask. I suppose "a little over a year and a half" would work, but it's such a mouthful.

Only two years ago, I went in and endured one of the most terrifying 5 minutes of my life (currently tied for first with our car accident 3 weeks before that and the night in the hospital that followed), listening to the doctor explain I would need an emergency c-section and listening to them call for resuscitation equipment as they were putting me under. But this sweet little girl was 100% okay when I woke up, except for a tiny nick on her head from the doctor's scalpel.
And now, two years later, here we are. She's the sweetest little girl on the planet. She'll smile just because you ask her and has the most adorable "I'm cute, gotta love me" grin that wrinkles her nose and squinches her eyes whenever she gets caught doing something. She has the same wispy curls as her sister at this age, and the similarities between the two are as plentiful as their differences. Without her sister egging her on, Megan is sweet and quiet and perfectly happy to just talk to you and entertain herself. If she could spend all day snuggling on my lap this girl would be perfectly content and I find myself more than happy to oblige most days. But, she's far from bullied by her sister. If Cadence does something she doesn't like, she's very good at making it known and will try her darnedest to take care of it herself (though sometimes mommy has to jump in because big sister is taller and faster).
She's just as smart as her sister, though her strengths are in other areas. As talented as Cadence was with songs at this age, Megan outdoes her. She loves singing songs with me, though she's picked up on her sister's habit of telling me "no" when I try to sing any time other than bedtime. She's trying so hard to learn her numbers, letters and colors, but she's trying to master them all at once so she gets them garbled a lot. She has all the words in her head, she just hasn't quite put them with the right symbols yet. My little over achiever.

Megan is using sentences already, more often than single words. "No, I do it" is a popular one around here as she attempts to buckle herself or put her shoes on. Heck, the girl uses proper sentences and actually talks more than her sister does some days. She's definitely more expressive with words than Cadence ever was. And her words are still new enough she'll sit in my lap and just start naming everything she sees because knowing those words is fun to her.

It's hard, some times, to recognize Megan's achievements because she's generally mimicking Cadence and I don't realize "whoa, that's new!" But she keeps up with her three year old sister with ease. Some days, a little more than I'd like.

She wants so badly to be potty trained, but she won't use the small potty and I'm still recovering from potty training Cadence. We'll probably start soon. She already climbs onto the toilet to sit, though it involves getting onto the toilet seat on all fours and then twisting around to get her butt in the proper spot (and she's skinny enough she's almost too small for the toilet seat cushiony insert we have, lol) and she knows you have to wipe afterward and wash your hands. Heck, she's almost more potty-trained then Cadence in those aspects!

Her favorite things right now are puzzles (can't wait to give her the wood dress-up doll we got her for her birthday, she's going to LOVE it) and I wish we had more. She loves coloring (we got an art easel too, lol). She is NOT a fan of Houston's rain. She doesn't mind a nice sprinkle, but the downpours we tend to get upset her. She is very much my child in how easily she gets cold. She loves Taz and will sit on James's lap and watch youtube videos about puppies for hours on end if she could. She gives the BEST hugs ever. When I pick her up from nursery, she latches on, arms tight around my neck and even hugs me with her legs. I just adore this little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment