Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Moving around

For a family of three (almost four) mobile people, our apartment has simply become too small. It has quickly gone from annoying to almost unbearable, as Cadence gets more and more mobile and Megan begins taking up more and more room.

After a little bit of apartment hunting, James and I have turned in rental applications. So, unless we're denied for some reason, we will be moving this upcoming Saturday. We're both a bit sad that we have to leave the ward we're in, but there's so few apartments in our price range within the ward boundaries (truly, we looked!), let alone ones that allow pets. We did, however, find a place with considerably more living space that's not all the way across town.

I'm excited. I love everything about this move. Less rent, more space, downstairs apartment (very helpful with two little girls to lug around), right off of the parking lot, a playground nearby, patio that actually allows barbecues, bigger kitchen (with pantry). The only downsides are a small step down in neighborhood value and leaving the ward we both like. However, I know a few people in the new ward, so I know there's plenty of good people there as well.

Anyway, we'll be loading up the van and moving this upcoming Saturday. Not early, early Saturday morning is for signing the lease and finalizing the organization in the apartment. Around eleven we expect to be loading up the moving truck. And then I'll be returning to the "old apartment" throughout the next week to get it all spic and span (so if anyone wants to keep me company and help out in the mornings anytime over the next week... lol)

Hopefully next Monday night will be an even more exciting blog post about an even more exciting move. But no details are being revealed to the general public until we're 100% certain. So, :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment