Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Missing Camera

I keep putting off and putting off blog posts because I haven't found my camera and blog posts without pictures of my kids are just... meh.

Anyway, a rundown of the past week and cute stories, I suppose. Sans pictures, I'm afraid.

Saturday, we went to a family friend's first birthday party for their son. It was a small get together of family and close friends, so we were happy to be included. Cadence scared a few people by wandering too close to the barbecue once or twice, but for the most part she was content to steal my hamburger, my chips, my hot dog, my drink, and my macaroni salad. There was a bounce house. It was cleared out for Cadence to venture in and not be knocked over by older kids. As soon as she was in there, though, she freaked out. And even Mommy climbing in after her did not soothe her. So we wandered out, she refused to sit still to get her shoes back on, and ran over to play with Ben's new puppy, Blue.

I'm thrilled listening to Cadence begin stringing words together. In church, the other day, when I closed the door so she couldn't escape the Relief Society room, she looked up at me and said: "No bye-bye?" And recently she's begun saying "Hi, Taz" or "Hi, Megan" or "Baby Megan". It's definitely a start.

Megan is getting mobile. She's only 5 months old! Nothing on purpose yet. She rolls around a lot and wiggles enough to scoot herself forward. Mostly, though, if you set a toy in front of her that she wants, she lifts her arms and legs and attempts to fly towards it. Thus far, she's had little success with flying. But I expect she'll begin having success with scooting sooner than I'd like her to. That's normally how it goes, right?

Nothing truly exciting or monumental has happened too recently. We're just enjoying the quiet life for the moment. We're hoping things get exciting over the next few weeks, but that's mostly due to waiting on some final decisions on something we've been pursuing since last September. And, there's plans for a move next month. Tomorrow we go apply for another apartment with considerably more space than what we have now. And with having almost two mobile little girls, more room is a necessity! If things work out as we expect, we'll be submitting our 30 days notice to our current place tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment