Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Great-Grandpa Visit

We got a surprise visit from my dad's dad this week! He and his wife made it into town for a friend's funeral and he took advantage of the opportunity to come visit us. It's been about 2 1/2 years since we saw him last. He came by our apartment early in the morning to be sure he met two of his great granddaughters for the first time, just in case I couldn't make it to mom's house when he went by to visit. As it was, I did make it.

For what it's worth, Cadence did like Grandpa, she was just extremely tired and wanted the dancing Santa Claus:
Glad I made it to mom's, too. I've been agonizing over what to get/make my mom for Christmas. I finally got a great idea by flipping through a Deseret Books catalog. I didn't pick anything out of it to recreate/buy. Instead, I saw something that got my brain going until I came up with the idea. Now I just need to track down the stuff. I'll be sure to take pictures to show it off if it turns out. But the pictures won't be up until after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment