I was so proud of myself. I got up at 8, got both girls up, fed, and dressed and made it to Megan's 8:40 appointment on time. :-) Seriously, there should have been a gold star waiting for me at the receptionist's desk. Alas, no congratulatory pat on the back, only a $10 co-pay and instructions on where to wait. *sigh*
Cadence charmed everyone from the get-go, and even stole the doctor's attention from Megan more than once. Hopefully Megan doesn't suffer too much from being in her big sister's attention-stealing shadow. Once Megan starts playing more, I'm sure the attention will be shared equally...
Anyway, chunky Megan has put on a full 1 pound and 12 ounces over the past 4 weeks, as well as almost 2 full inches. For those of you who do not wish to do the math:
Birth
Height: 19.25"
Weight: 6 lbs 1 oz
4 weeks:
Height: 21"
Weight: 7 lbs 13 oz
The doctor tried to get permission for me to get the H1N1 vaccination since I'm breastfeeding Megan and that's the only way to get her vaccinated from it, but as I am not on the same insurance as the girls, it was apparently a no go. However, since Cadence did get his attention, he did ask if she'd been vaccinated. I'm not super worried about H1N1, though I understand it can really hit little kids hard. At first I was wary of the new vaccine, but when Cady's pediatrician said he had done his own personal research and chose to get his kids vaccinated, I figured I could trust him (if he was just recommending it, I'd still be wary, but as he did the research and chose to get his kids vaccinated, it carries a little more weight with me). So, even though the appointment was for Megan, Cadence was the one getting pinned down and stuck with a needle. Poor girl.
She did get a sticker. Not for getting the shot. The nurses outside of Megan's appointment were just so charmed by her they insisted on giving her one. The nurse that gave her the shot helped me out to our car, since Cadence was having a melt down. We both laughed when she kept crying until the nurse began walking away. Once the "wicked woman" was gone, Cadence only had a few more sniffles to get out before my cell phone was enough of a distraction to get her talking and laughing again.
Anyway, to make up for the whole ordeal, James watched Megan for me and Cadence and I went on a shopping trip, just the two of us, to pick up one or two more things for Christmas. Christmas shopping isn't quite done. James and I still get to go stocking stuffer shopping at the dollar store (lots of fun, take $5-10 and go crazy getting random, pointless stocking stuffers for each other, and, well, no for Cadence and Megan too). And over the next week or so I'm going to be making candy, though I need to pester my mom about coming over and supervising me while I make divinity for the first time (well, second, the first time i totally didn't beat the egg whites long enough). But, part of some Christmas presents this year is chocolate covered pretzels, divinity, and butter toffee. Yum, yum!
So, unless I did my math wrong, it's only 1 pound and 3 ounces.
ReplyDeleteSo either you're wrong with your math, or your numbers. ;-)
Or you're going from a weight you don't have listed a week after she was born...
ReplyDeleteThat's 1 oz, lol, not 10. The o is too close to the 1...
ReplyDeleteThere, fixed so it's less confusing to the eye.
ReplyDeleteGotcha. LoL I even went back and looked at the birth announcement and it looked like 10. Dunno how I missed the o in oz. Well, I do, but I feel silly.
ReplyDelete