Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Quick Announcement: Megan's Here!!!

Details, pictures, and sappy comments will come later, but for now I wanted to update the blogging world:

Megan Ruth Smith arrived Monday morning, November 16th, 2009, the day before her big sister's 1st birthday, officially making me the mother of Irish twins (by all of one day, lol!)

She was born via emergency c-section at 5:40 in the morning at 36 weeks 4 days gestation. She weighed in at 6lbs, 1oz and 19.3 inches long. She was healthy enough to not have to be in NICU except for her first check-up (6 on her 1-minute APGAR, but 9's on the 5-minute and 10-minute), and spent our hospital recovery time in the room with me.

We're all at home and resting. I'm feeling very spoiled from my delivery with Cadence, now that I'm recovering from a c-section. Luckily, family is ready to help out. The biggest adjustment is going to be with Cadence, I think. She's already dismissed Megan as unimportant and will attempt to climb in my lap whether it's occupied or not.

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! (Not the c-section part obviously). I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked it up, curious about the origin. From Wikipedia:

    "Irish twins" and "Vatican twins" are slang terms for siblings who are not actually twins, but rather, were born fewer than 12 months apart—possibly in the same calendar year and/or school year. It refers to the perception that Irish Catholic families have many children, often with little time between births. It is sometimes considered derogatory. Similarly, "Irish triplets" refers to three siblings born within a three year time period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I hope that you have a very speedy recovery, that everyone is healthy, and that normalcy returns sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, congratulations!, What happened that you needed a c-section. No fun there, I had 4. The more you actually get up as painful as it is the faster you heal and you start to hurt less (sooner). Glad you have lots of family to help too! Can't wait to see her.

    ReplyDelete