Two years may not be the longest, yet, but we've had a good start. Two beautiful little girls (I've only seen alien looking ultrasound photos of Megan, but I'm sure she's as beautiful as her big sister) have been the best start we could ask for. We've had lots of ups and downs, but our relationship remains unshakeable thus far. In fact, even after two years, we can still proudly say we have never had an argument. We've disagreed, we've been upset with each other, and the like, but we have never argued, and that is something we hope to be able to say every year for the rest of our eternity together.
I am so blessed to have such a selfless, loving husband. If anyone needs something, he is instantly looking to see how he can provide it for them. He works so hard and goes to school and other than griping about poor sleep some mornings, doesn't complain about it.
It's funny how life works. When I met James, I was in a relationship, or at least getting ready to start a relationship. And while I didn't end things with the other guy for James, my interaction with James made me realize I wasn't happy with the other guy. It was still another month before James and I went on our first date (and our second in that same weekend), and an agonizing week of no contact after our first date before I got a 10pm phone call inviting me to join him around midnight for his lunch break on his night shift. A day at a mutual friend's wedding, apartment hunting for him two days later, and a hockey game the next night.
We never discussed getting married, to each other at least, only in the broad sense of "when I get married". But when he asked only three weeks later, it was the most natural thing in the world to say "yes". Not even planned. He felt the urge to ask, and I already knew what I was going to say when he did. 10 months later, we were married in the Los Angeles temple, and 2 years later, here we are!
(I'm not good at the sappier posts, this is the sappiest it'll get, just know my husband is amazing and I am so very grateful that we were put in each other's paths, and that he did choose me.)



Happy belated anniversary!! For some reason I'm just noticing this post now... crappy blogger not showing me updates.
ReplyDelete