Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Soccer Mom In-Training -or- A Car to Grow With

I never thought I'd be a minivan owner before I was 25. Well, here I am. 24 years old and the new owner of an 8-passenger 2004 Chevy Venture minivan. Oh yes, James has had his fill of soccer-mom comments, even though he's the one that first saw the car and began questioning the car salesman. Still, I've got the blonde ponytail and I'll soon have the two kids that need to play soccer just so they're worn out enough for my sanity. I'm not a latte person, substitute a bottle of Dr Pepper. And now I've got the minivan to go with it. I think I need to get a visor hat thing to complete the picture, though...

And, as James also pointed out, our family shouldn't outgrow it any time soon. If our family manages to outgrow the car before the car dies... well, either the car lasted a really long time, or James and I had quints unexpectedly. Oh, but if anyone needs to move any time soon, we can't do furniture, but we can haul a bunch of boxes! Haha.

Stock photos, because I'm too lazy to go get our camera. Just pretend the gray exterior is white and you've basically got our new boat (and after driving sedans all my life, it does feel like a boat currently):
The overall view (oh, and that side door, totally remote controlled):

The front seat in all it's roomy glory:

The middle seat(s). Fits both car seats and can still fit a 3rd person comfortably. And that's not counting the back row that also fits 3 people:

3 comments:

  1. Jealous! Now you and Elly both have minivans. But I'm NOT getting in an accident just for a minivan. Seriously, though. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Totally what we're hoping to be in the market for soon. Love that it is new enough for LATCH too.

    BY: Carla, not Devonn. Too lazy to sign out of his and into mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Ron refuses to own a minivan, so we're looking for a big SUV (preferably a Sequoia, but they're expensive!) One of these days! Enjoy the van!

    ReplyDelete