Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

This month...

There's a reason for my silence. The biggest one being: We didn't have a computer for the last 3 weeks. Out of nowhere, our laptop up and died. It would turn on and immediately freeze when you asked it to do something. Since the fan was off kilter for a few weeks leading up to the death, I can assume something overheated. In the end, it was easier to purchase a new computer.

We have had a pleasant enough summer during the computer-free weeks and the weeks before.

(Unfortunately, pictures are slow in coming. Most of them were on the other laptop and I haven't been able to move them over yet. So, text only updates this time around!)

Starting the same day as my last post:

The girls enjoyed a dance camp offered by a local church. They had a blast, despite the summer heat. There was even a short performance at the church's block party. I do have video to share of that adorableness (Cadence has the red sleeves in the front and Megan has the crazy hair right next to her).


Shortly after that, we enjoyed a few more pool days, library storytimes, and even a reptile exhibit where the kids all got to pet an alligator and some snakes and even pick up and play with tortoises!

Fourth of July was a ton of fun. We went to a barbecue put on by a church family, then left early so I could take the girls to the city sponsored firework show. We had to park in a separate parking lot and hop on a school bus acting as a shuttle to get us to the stadium, then find a spot in the already crowded bleachers. It was the girls' first time seeing a real firework show and they were properly impressed. Though, with the 30 minute delay in starting, they were ready to leave before the grand finale (which was fine with me, it put us near the front of the shuttle line to get home quickly!)

This past week, the girls got to attend a VBS (Vacation Bible School). I wasn't sure what to expect when I signed them up, but I knew they'd enjoy the chance to get out of the house. The quality of the program blew my socks off and the girls had a blast attending. There were daily performances, with special effects and everything. I got to attend the parents night on the last day and see the final "episode" of the superhero saga that unfolded all week. Already, both girls want to return next summer.

We officially registered both girls for the upcoming school year. I have a work conference this week and then I'm back to work 2 weeks after that. We're about to get caught up in the hectic back-to-school prep that's only going to be made more hectic by my work back-to-school prep. Wish us luck and sanity! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment