Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

School End/Summer Beginning

So, some of this happened a little before my Broadway post, but most of it happened after. ;-) Naturally, with the end of the school year, we have end of the year graduations/ceremonies. The first one was mine and Megan's. I don't have a lot of pictures easily accessible (I need to get them from Robyn). The overall thing was a success. It was short, sweet and simple with lots of chuckles from moments of 4/5 year olds being 4/5 year olds (like one of my students who smiled for the picture then walked away without his certificate, or another student who refused to smile when everyone was taking the group pictures).

It was bittersweet saying goodbye to my students. It still hasn't quite sunk in that I'll likely never see those students again. I may have been exasperated with the majority of them by the end of the school year, but I will miss each of them, cheeky grins and all. At least Megan will get to keep tabs on Ms. Kim (and vice versa) since I'm friends with her on Facebook.
The chaos of everyone trying to get the class pictures while we all posed. You can see me fixing the hat of one of the students. Those hats would NOT stay on!

Starting to leave. You can't actually see Megan in this one. She must have been one of the first ones to dash off stage!

Megan at her farewell party. Mrs. Kim spoiled her kiddos!

A peek at the party going on in my classroom.
A week later, it was Cadence's turn! James (who had the previous week off and was able to attend Megan's ceremony with little fuss) was able to get the morning off to attend. Cadence earned 3 of the 4 "general" awards (she only missed out on perfect attendance, darn flu!) and earned a special award from the art teacher (was anyone really surprised by that?). As the kindergarteners stood up and sang their collection of songs, I couldn't resist poking Megan and telling her "you get to do that next year!" and watch her big grin. I was able to attend Cadence's end of the year party later that same afternoon and watch her interact with her teacher and friends. She seemed so tall, though...
Sitting on stage between her two best kindergarten friends (so glad she was next to them for this picture!)
Showing off her awards: Kinder completion, good behavior, reading, and art!


Her very last day of school. Look how OLD she looks!
At last, school is out and we have just over 2 months of freedom (Unfortunately, I got my marching orders for August 10th). My phone's calendar is filled with all sorts of free options (reptiles at the library next week!). First and foremost, of course, is figuring out our personal pool schedule. To help decide which pool to use and when, we explored the neighborhood pool right around the corner from our house (one of the reasons we bought the house was being walking distance from the HOA pool). Tomorrow, Connor and I are going to test the waters (haha) of the activity pool our HOA also gives us access to.

I also signed the girls up for a free dance camp this week, hosted by one of the local churches. They had their first day today, while Connor and I scampered off to toddler time at the library. And, of course, we can't forget Beau who needs to be kept busy as well. We have a favorite dog park that gives him a TON of room to run off all that 2-year-old energy. Plus, Connor gets his fill of being licked by every dog he can get his hands on when other dogs come to play too.
The pool is Cadence-approved

Connor and his dog taking a break in the shade at the dog park.
The dog adores the dog park. He recognizes the word and knows the route by heart. If you make a wrong turn he gets very distraught. He's so in love with the park, the two times he's rushed past us out of the car, he's gone straight to the gate and waited. It's always a treat to watch him take off as soon as we open the gate and I finally remembered to get it on video. He starts running and doesn't stop for usually a full 5 minutes (at which point he finds the biggest puddle to cool his feet in before taking off again).

No comments:

Post a Comment