Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Froberg Farms

Froberg Farms has been on my to-do list since shortly after moving to Houston, but we never got around to it until today. It helps that we halved the distance to the place. It also helps that friends from our old ward (who still have to put up with me, since I'm in transition and don't have any friends in the new ward yet) arranged a little get-together there.

So, off we went to a farm known for its strawberry fields and tasty smoked sausage. And after such a pleasant experience, we'll likely go more often in the future for some freshly picked strawberries whenever the mood strikes.
Rows upon rows of strawberries. The girls wanted to pick all of them, so I had to do some quality control and be sure we only got the ripest ones possible.

Megan would have picked every strawberry if I let her.

Cadence was a tad picker.

Even Connor got in on the action.

Getting a decent picture of Cadence is a tough task, but Megan looked so fabulous I had to share.


Megan was upset Cadence was on "her side" so she refused to be in the picture. At least Connor was happy.

Connor refused to let go of the ones he picked and most of his contributions were squeezed in protest as I tried to pry it loose from his fingers.

Showing off their final haul. Each girl picked just over 3lbs of fresh strawberries.

Many complaints about how heavy the buckets were led to this set-up as we walked back.

The final verdict. Keep in mind, this is pretty much the largest mixing bowl I own. There were lots of BIG strawberries. 7 and 1/2 pounds!
We ended the day with lunch at the farm with our friends, sampling the tasty summer sausage. I ordered a bit of original, but another friend ordered the jalapeno and cheese that my spice-wimpy self had avoided. I ended up going back to get an order of the jalapeno and cheese after sampling hers. Mmm, super tasty.

We had to leave a little early, though. Poor Cadence was not herself and I discovered she was running a mild fever, though she felt warmer at the table from being in the sun so long. Poor little girl was so tired, she fell asleep in the car, something she hasn't done in a long time. She even came home and took a nap and THAT is very unusual for her.

Maybe some strawberries are just what the doctor ordered. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment