Plus, the craft was cuter last weekend. Little plaster eggs with magnets on the back. This weekend is just a photo frame. Lame!
First order of business? Meeting the Easter Bunny! I feared a long-line, so hopped into the line as soon as I saw it, even though the bunny was not out yet. It turned out to be paranoia on my part. Once he walked out and started taking pictures, the line was gone and we could have just walked up whenever we wanted. Probably because, unlike Santa, there was no talking involved. Connor was fascinated by the bunny when I was holding him, but once I handed him off and stepped away there was no making him happy. Poor Easter Bunny!
Afterward, I released James from his prison sentence and let him scamper off upstairs to look at the guns and ammunition section. The girls and I wandered over to the craft table to await 2pm when the Easter egg hunt would start.
As 2pm drew closer, we tucked our colored eggs in my purse and rode the elevator to the second floor. Eggs were aplenty and, after rounding up James, the girls were released. Unfortunately, Bass Pro employees are not very skilled in hiding eggs (must be an Easter Bunny speciality). In the time it took me to pull my camera out of my purse, the girls already had their allotted 5 eggs. So, I did what any document-every-experience-with-pictures obsessed mother would do. We staged them.
Then we rode down the cool elevator to swap the plastic eggs for tootsie rolls and smarties and escaped.
The girls are super excited about Easter and frequently ask what I think the Easter Bunny might get them. He was supposed to bring Frozen, but I bought that for them awhile ago, so I told them he's still thinking about it and they'll just have to wait until Sunday to find out what he decides. There will be new Easter dresses and I'm hoping to get James a matching tie so I have a reason to shove him into a few pictures so I can have them. And I suppose I'll have to find myself something pretty to wear so I can be in the pictures as well (with my new haircut). Those pictures will (obviously) be up sometime next week. ;-)
Also, the girls start 2 weeks of swim lessons next week. They're excited about that as well and both have new bathing suits. Shopping for those was difficult, especially trying to find one that would fit skinny Miss Megan.
In other news, the girls are acclimating to their new primary classes well. Both of their primary teachers have nothing but good things to say, though it was implied both girls are extremely talkative and eager to share every bit of news. Too much energy in those girls! We're all suffering a little without anything to do in our new part of town. We're used to getting out of the house and meeting up with friends 2-3x a week. I am hoping we find lots to do over the next month or so.

No comments:
Post a Comment