Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Playing Outside

There is only a short period of time in which I feel comfortable allowing the kids to run outside and play. Thanks to Houston's bug populations and no screen door or see-through backdoor, our only option is to leave the door wide open while the kids play and I don't usually let that happen. However, with the recent freeze (if you're my Facebook friend, you saw the half inch of ice covering my car and there's a whole rant about my drafty, crappy, rental and its utter lack of insulation, but... we'll not go there) killing off most of the bugs still hanging around, I can let the door stay open and the kids go wild without fear of being eaten alive while tucked safely inside my house or Cadence and Connor coming in covered in little red welts.

Connor only recently began exploring the backyard. At first he stayed on the cement patio, but once he finally dared to go into the grass once and realized it wasn't that bad, he began exploring the entire thing. If the back door is open, he is racing for it. Especially if he hears his sisters out there. If they're having fun, he wants to be a part of it (there's another cute story about how the girls will have their heads together giggling over some joke only preschoolers find funny and he'll crawl over, sit next to them and laugh loudly, wanting to be a part of their little group).

Anyway, I had to take a moment to grab my camera and get a few pictures of them having fun and play with them a bit myself. Usually I kick them outside while I clean up the living room or do a quick load of dishes, . LOVING the last picture of the three of them together. <3







No comments:

Post a Comment