Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Babies and stuff at the zoo

Finally, finally it warmed up enough I was willing to go outside rather than hunker down on my couch, huddled under blankets. So, off to the zoo we went to chase down stories about a newborn giraffe and a newborn elephant!
See the tiny baby giraffe? So cute!

The girls got to feed the giraffe again. Connor just stared at it. Not sure he knew what to think!

As we approached, two of the elephants were wrestling in the pool. By the time we took the picture, only one was playing. He kept going underneath and bobbing back up again.

The newborn elephant! SO tiny (well, comparatively, at least. 385 pounds when he was born after 22 months gestation. Ouch!)

We got to meet up with quite a few friends. It was a pleasant afternoon.
I also got a little super-mom and made PB&J sandwiches cut into hearts with pink sprinkles on top and even bought some pink pudding cups and included some little heart-shaped chocolates for the girls' lunch at the zoo today. I think the attention to detail was lost on them, but I enjoyed doing it nonetheless. Plus, other moms saw how I awesome I am, so it worked out. ;-) Kidding...

No comments:

Post a Comment