For the past month or so, Connor will eagerly bounce and point out every cat he sees and chatter at me. Over the past week, I've come to a realization... he's saying "Taz". Of course, to him "Taz" is the general word for "cat", since that's the cat he sees 9 times out of 10. Poor Hanna has been labeled as "Taz" in his little brain, but we'll rewire that later.
Just like his oldest sister, he is fascinated by the creatures and will chase them down. He's actually a fair bit nicer to them and will attempt to pet Taz on her head, which almost looks like he is smacking her, but not quite. As always, she is incredibly patient with his less-than-gentle affection.
So, his first word beyond "mama" (because he's been using the mama sound to indicate he wants me or my attention. Usually while crying, but he'll use it without crying on occasion as he comes to find me).
Actually, this morning, when he saw her, he kept saying it "Tda! Tda!" (The t sound is a little harder than the normal t sound, a cross between a t and a d). When she complied and hopped up to visit us, he got super excited and said "Ha Tda!", which I can only assume means "Hi, Taz", since "Hi" is another word I have suspected him of knowing due to my habit of greeting him with an enthusiastic "hi!" every time he wakes up from a nap or I return from running and errand, etc.
So, I guess we also get to claim his first two-word sentence? Kidding... ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment