Megan's first day is a Sunbeam this morning. Try as we could, nothing would get Megan excited about going to primary. In fact, mentioning the inevitable was likely to prompt a protest and a few (or more) tears. Still, when the time came, she clung to my hand, followed me into the noisy, kid-filled, chair-filled, stranger-filled primary room and quietly sat in the chair I led her to. She watched James and I as we edged out, as silent as ever, and we thought we were in the clear. But a few steps down the hall and we heard her start crying.
Learning from past mistakes, James returned to the room and I fled. While sitting in my own class, I heard Megan's tears as she and James walked the hall for a short time, and when I had to run out to the car, I peeked in the primary room window and saw Megan in James's lap with her fingers in her mouth. James was able to leave and another parent took over keeping her calm, which is promising that she'd allow a stranger to step into that role. Another teacher of junior primary told me she did well from the on, but was not happy with the transition from sharing time/singing time to class time, but I did peek into her classroom and saw her sitting quietly and when I picked her up, she was all smiles, so I assume that part went well.
Cadence slipped into CTR 4 without issue. James says she was misbehaving as usual from the get-go. I am amused that she'll be friendly with her little partner in crime in the ward, but when the little girl waves and says hello to Cadence anywhere else, Cadence is suddenly shy and won't acknowledge them. In fact, Cadence's friend got dirty looks for even looking at her over the back of the pew this morning.
James and I had a good laugh when we were in the foyer (the church pew was just too uncomfortable for me this morning and I had to get up and walk, and then needed somewhere extra comfortable to sit, so we claimed the couch in the foyer for the last half of Sacrament). For a large portion of our time in the foyer, another person came out with their 1 year old daughter. For some unknown reason, this little girl terrified Cadence. When the toddler toddled over toward where Cadence was coloring, Cadence picked up her crayons and book and backed away then ran over to us and sat between us. When the little girl walked along the couch and used James's knee to hold herself steady, her next hand grip was Cadence's foot and Cadence lifted her foot out of reach, refusing to let her touch her. It was highly amusing.
I am now teaching CTR 8 this year. I was teaching CTR 7 last year, which means I have kept the same group of kids. I am very pleased with this change, because I genuinely enjoy teaching the class I have and am looking forward to teaching them for another year. Plus, I get to teach lessons that are scripture based, rather than themed. Motivation to study my scriptures more!
Connor is doing well, as far as we can tell. He is kicking hard and often, and I'm pretty sure he has regularly schedule dance parties (or gymnastic practice). It's not uncommon for my stomach to be bouncing, especially on his busy days. Megan, who tends to lean against my stomach the most, gets kicked frequently and generally ignores it. I can't coax the girls to hold a hand in place to feel when he's actually kicking, but they've both felt it. He's easily the most active of the three in utero. I think he's doing everything he can to earn the "most uncomfortable pregnancy" award. This morning he got his foot or fist or something wedged against my hip bone and pushed with all his might. Kind of hurt. I'm also pretty sure he flips from head-down to head-up position every other day, because the location of his movement is not regular in any way.
Due to the doctor's minor concern over how large my fundal height (pregnant stomach) was measuring, we'll be going in for an ultrasound this Tuesday. I'm not concerned and am quite certain I only measured large due to a recent growth spurt/weight gain, but better safe than sorry. I should get a nice estimate of how big he is and I'm always happy to get another peek at the boy. We'll also be doing an elective ultrasound that both the girls and James can go to (due to limited scheduling options and James's high-demand job, getting a medical ultrasound appointment he could attend without issue proved difficult). We'll be doing that in 2 weeks, which is the absolute latest for a "good" 3D ultrasound, before he starts getting squished and running out of space.
29 weeks today, so, in 8 weeks, it'll be "safe" for him to come, and he should be here 11 weeks at the latest (because at that point, he doesn't have a choice). Time for time to start crawling...
No comments:
Post a Comment