Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bunk Beds!!!

Cadence is nearly 4, which means it's been some time since she could be considered a "toddler" and has been too big for her toddler bed for quite awhile now. Of course, purchasing a new bed can be pricey and with the recent accidents and vacations, well... priorities and all that. However, we finally made the purchase and here they are! Once the boxes were delivered I could hardly wait. I suppose I could have waited for James to come home and help me put them together, but... nope! I got the girls situated for quiet time, turned on "Oklahoma" in the girls' room and got to work.

The girls were curious about what I was doing, wondering what all those boxes could hold. I don't think they quite believed me when I said it was new beds, since the picture on the box didn't look like any bed they would recognize. Once it was all assembled, though, it started to make sense to them and Cadence couldn't wait to play (Megan had fallen asleep, she still hasn't seen the finished product!)
 We actually picked out the sheets and blankets before we even bought the bed. They'd been sitting in mine and James's closet ever since, waiting to be pulled back out when the bed arrived.

So, there they are. Cadence loves them. We're going to make it a rule, from the beginning, that the top bunk is only for bedtime. Something tells me that won't stop Cadence from trying once she gets more confident with the ladder, but I'm hoping having the rule from the get go helps keep it enforced. Now to get the toddler beds pulled apart and out of the room. No idea what to do with those, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment