Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Potty-Training Postponement & Other Ramblings

Megan and I engaged in a battle of will for the past two weeks. She did so well the first week of potty-training, but just as we hit progress, it all fell apart and for a week she had two accidents for every one success, and that was being generous.

So, we're back in diapers and the new princess panties are put away for now.

Unfortunately, Megan now has a habit of stripping off her diaper at her own whim. She's so determined to do things HER way. Unfortunately, HER way doesn't involve peeing in the potty except on rare occasions.

I feel like there should be more to say after a few weeks of being home, but it's been pretty tame. It's summer, so work is slower for James and, due to recent change in management, a lot calmer. He's had a fair bit of extra time off, which we're enjoying in general.

(On a very important side note: The "extended cut" for Mass Effect 3's ending was released and I finally got around to replaying it. I was bitterly disappointed in the original ending and the general lack of closure, so while I still dislike parts of the ending, I am pleased with the changes they did make. Now, to await Dragon Age 3 and hope they don't screw that one up as well.)

Well, there is a minor announcement. Cadence earned the "way to go" title in junior primary last week. It's not a huge deal. It's given to the "best behaved (that hasn't been named recently)" in each primary. Naturally, they're a little more lenient in judging the Sunbeams, but what matters is she participated well enough to earn the little award (a ticket that got her a candy from the bishop). I was pleased. I always worry that she's just too enthusiastic to ever be "behaved", and I wish I could ditch teaching my class just to stand at the primary door and peek through the window to see how she really behaves. But, getting the "way to go" means she's doing something right in primary, at least. Though, our first week back from vacation she had a meltdown in sharing time, but they were able to get it under control (only warned me because if it happened again they would be bringing her to me).

I've already begun researching preschools for her. Can you believe she's that old already? Granted, it'll be at least a year before she starts, but registration can start as early as January, and a year can fly by if you let it. Lots of variables to take in, most importantly cost and location. I think I've found one that meets all my requirements, I just need to see if I can opt out of the "weekly chapel", since it is a church-run program, or at least sit through a session or two to hear exactly what they teach. Still looking for more options, of course. Unfortunately, the area between where we live now and where we may live isn't really the type of place a preschool will pop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment