My favorite part of just about any week day is when James gets home.
The girls are so excited to see him at the end of the day. As soon as they hear the jiggling of the doorknob they're running to the door, eager to see him, jumping around shouting, "Daddy's home! Daddy's home!" before the door even opens.
Cadence will follow him around telling him all sorts of things that pop into her head about her day. If we went somewhere, she tells him. She tells him what she ate for lunch, what she had for snack. She tells him if she hit her sister or if her sister hit her. When we go out to lunch and she gets a new toy in her happy meal, she shows it off, telling him what it is and all about it.
I love that they enjoy having their dad around so much.
Megan is only 2, so she loses interest quickly, but she likes him more than Cadence did at that age, so I imagine in a year or so James will have to chatterboxes following him around telling him everything.
I'm not much better, to be honest. As soon as he walks through that door I'm bursting to talk to him and tell him all about MY day. But I think mine's just as much fondness for my husband as the desperation for adult conversation. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment