Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Just some pictures
Day 16 in Houston and still living in a hotel (day 21 of hotel living in general). The novelty has worn off and rubbed raw. But, what can you do when your stuff is sitting in a moving van 800 miles away? We spent a lot of time in the car running errands, driving over to the house to let the girls run around, and picking up lunches and dinners (pretty much over eating out as well).

I loved this picture of the clouds. I think it describes Houston weather pretty well, lol. See those storm clouds coasting in right over the blue sky?
We brought our laptop to the house when the cable guy came to get our internet up and running. James taught Megan how to play Bejeweled. He moved the mouse and she'd click when he told her to. It was super adorable to watch.
Then they just started goofing off together. James is such a goof with the girls and they just love it!
The girls love the hotel bed. Cadence is pretending to sleep. She was even fake snoring. The girl cracks me up.
James went back to work on Monday. He was getting antsy with having 2 1/2 weeks off. I can relate. Even after almost 3 years of not working or going to school, I still have antsy moments. Anyway, the only thing that stinks is having to wake up at 5:30 to drive him to the shop. The girls did well the first day, though they did take two naps each. Yesterday, they both dropped by 8am and slept until I woke them up at 10:30 to go run errands.

My final picture is me bragging (again) about my brilliant child. While drawing on the hotel wall is obviously a bad thing, I was impressed with her skill. I did a little google research and rediscovered some things from my various child development classes that implies she's well ahead of the curve artistically. I remember seeing similar pictures drawn by one of my more talented Sunbeams near the end of our year together. Probably not the best ruler to measure Cadence's development with, but...
Speaking of Sunbeams... guess who'll be one in only 5 months?!?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is a really good person she drew. You might have to check into those "only colors on the pad" type art supplies. Sorry you're STILL in a hotel. I'm jealous of those beautiful skies, btw.
ReplyDeleteLiar. It's 5 months. She gets to be a Sunbeam at the same time Lynne does. If your ward moves them to Sunbeams whenever they turn 3, I'm gonna be mad. I think it's lame that Lynne has been in nursery at 3 yrs old for 6 months already and has 5 more to go.
ReplyDeleteAlso, all of mom's extra-utero grandkids will be in nursery at the end of October. :-) Not that I'm counting down the days or anything. (Not that it matters anyway, since between my tired pregnant self and church at Lucas' naptime, we don't make it to church very often.)
Also, Lynne drew her first person only a few months ago, so Cady is well ahead of the curve. You OUGHT to let her color more. Try the aquadoodle. As long as they don't lose the pen, I quite like it.
I'm thinking of buying a chalkboard to hang on their playroom wall. Chalk won't create such a mess on walls or floors and she can still be as artistic as she wants. It's just hard getting my hands on one. Will probably just order one online eventually.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right, it's 5 months. I changed it. I just subtracted 8 from 12 and didn't think too much.
Next Mother's Day we'll be sung to. Or at least looked at from the front of the chapel. If Cadence even goes up at all...