Sunday, April 24, 2011
Easter Morning
I was not up until 2am putting the finishing touches on the last Easter dress. I was only up until 11, so :-P. And actually, I was only up that late because I didn't start on the finishing touches until after 9 (and had minor issues halfway through, so had to start over on one part). At last, they were finished and we were able to lay them out next to their Easter baskets for a nice photo finish.

I was in the kitchen turning the oven on when James let the girls out of their bedroom this morning. Cadence zeroed in on the new stuff on the couch and was happily investigating as I turned the corner. No coaxing needed. As soon as they realized there was chocolate in the foil-wrapped eggs, they lost all interest in everything else. Though Cadence has since become very possessive of her new roaring dinosaur flashlight and Megan added car sound effects to the lesson in elder's quorum thanks to her new car keys.


We enjoyed cinnamon rolls and the girls got into a bath (since we got home late and I didn't get around to it last night). Then they got all dolled up in their new dresses and new shoes and new hair clips. I grabbed my camera and attempted to get pictures of the dresses on the nice lawn outside the church building. In my head I envisioned adorable pictures of Cadence's cute grin and Megan's wrinkle-nosed smile. Alas, things did not go as I had hoped, but my kids are cute anyway.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh snap, Sarah. They are adorable.
ReplyDeleteThose dresses turned out AWESOME!! The kids wearing them aren't too shabby either ;)
ReplyDelete