Last night, James had the craving for cake as we went shopping to pick up infant's tylenol (Megan gets shots Tuesday morning, so we wanted to be prepared). I saw the rainbow chips frosting and got that one. James stubbornly insisted on carrot cake and cream cheese frosting. So we got both. However, as he left me in charge of actually making the cake, I made the Funfetti cake and left the carrot cake for later. Naturally, Cadence got a piece for snack this afternoon. We gave her a fork,which she's gotten pretty good at using, but she promptly threw it on the floor and picked the cake up with both hands.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Photacular Updates
Cadence was twilighting after her nap and Megan was in a good mood, so I set Megan next to Cadence. Every time we said Cadence's name, even when she was half asleep, she'd smile. Eventually she woke up and grinned big when she saw I had the camera out. She was blissfully unaware her sister was at her side, as we discovered when she almost rolled over on her in her attempt to wiggle herself off of the couch. We quickly rescued Megan before her sister made a pancake out of her.
Megan is exactly 2 months old today! And she has gotten so big so quickly. Cadence's growth has finally slowed, so I'd forgotten just how quickly they sprout up when they're so young. She's smiling like crazy, as well. And last night she treated me out to six hours of uninterrupted sleep. Of course, she didn't go down until after midnight and I didn't get to bed until 1 (spoiled myself with a long, hot shower), but when I woke up and the sun was peeking through our window at 7am, I was thrilled. Fingers crossed for a repeat! It's the first step to several good night's rest for me.
Cadence is still being the most exciting of the two. This morning, we had to go drop Uncle Jon off at the church parking lot for the youth temple trip. We were literally the first ones there, so Cadence had plenty of time to run around. I sat in the front seat of the car as she did so (parked along the curb so she could play in the grass, rather than the parking lot). Every few minutes she'd run back to where I was and start babbling. She wasn't just making noises though. Her intonation followed almost perfect sentence rhythm and the like. She even asked questions and would pause for my response, then laugh and run away to think up another story to tell me. It was cracking me up.
Last night, James had the craving for cake as we went shopping to pick up infant's tylenol (Megan gets shots Tuesday morning, so we wanted to be prepared). I saw the rainbow chips frosting and got that one. James stubbornly insisted on carrot cake and cream cheese frosting. So we got both. However, as he left me in charge of actually making the cake, I made the Funfetti cake and left the carrot cake for later. Naturally, Cadence got a piece for snack this afternoon. We gave her a fork,which she's gotten pretty good at using, but she promptly threw it on the floor and picked the cake up with both hands.
And I have no story for this last pictures. I just adore Cadence's curls and I am crossing my finger she keeps them (and with her dad's genetics, it's likely, or so I'm told; James has yet to grow his hair out long enough to prove to me that it curls. His beard curls, though...):
Last night, James had the craving for cake as we went shopping to pick up infant's tylenol (Megan gets shots Tuesday morning, so we wanted to be prepared). I saw the rainbow chips frosting and got that one. James stubbornly insisted on carrot cake and cream cheese frosting. So we got both. However, as he left me in charge of actually making the cake, I made the Funfetti cake and left the carrot cake for later. Naturally, Cadence got a piece for snack this afternoon. We gave her a fork,which she's gotten pretty good at using, but she promptly threw it on the floor and picked the cake up with both hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute pictures!
ReplyDelete