I love that other people have enough spare time to make my blog decorating super easy. While I love manipulating html and playing in photoshop, I simply do not have the time recently. So thank you Cutestblogontheblock! Someone else decorated both the header and the background, I just had to copy, paste and manipulate my own photos into the frame.
Or if you'd rather believe I'm super artsy fartsy and did it all while wrangling a toddler and a newborn, you are welcome to believe I am just that awesome (I really am that awesome, just... not today).
A bit of a crazy week here a the Smith house. Wednesday morning we got the wonderful news that our alternator had gone out. Luckily, family came to the rescue. Aunt Jen drove out to stay with us for a few days so James could drive her car too and from work, and my dad showed up Saturday morning to walk James through replacing the alternator ourselves (saving us $200 in labor costs). Surviving those three days without our van, though, was not fun!
It was a good thing Jen was here, it turns out. She had a flashlight and a working cell phone, two things that came in very handy when we lost power Friday night. The girls and I went to my mom's house, but returned around midnight since Cadence made it clear she would not sleep well at Nana's house. Luckily, power was back on a few hours after we got home, so we woke up with power. And first chance we go, we drove to Walmart and got a flashlight and a few candles just in case we have another blackout with the upcoming storms (so far we have not had a wind storm that hasn't resulted in a power outage in this area that I can think of...).
Saturday afternoon we also had a barbecue get together for some of James's friends (of course, I had a friend show up with them, so it was fun for me too!). Yummy food, good conversation, and three little kids to laugh at (only two, actually, Megan is still too young to do anything laugh worthy).
Oh, and after yet another nonstop fussy day or two in a row that had me about ready to lock myself in my room, I finally found the culprit. Cadence has seven teeth in front. I've been daily checking where the eighth is supposed to pop through with no results. Turns out, her molars decided to pop up before that 8th front tooth did. We already have one cutting through and the other side is just threatening too. Still no sight of that elusive 8th incisor though... A few doses of Motrin and a couple popsicles, and Cadence is back to her charming self.
No comments:
Post a Comment