Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

15 month stats

Connor had his 15 month check-up this morning. I have yet to find a pediatrician closer to home (I keep meaning to ask for recommendations but never remember when I'm in the position to do so), so we traveled the distance to our old one for the appointment I had set up after his last one. I'm in no rush to change pediatricians. I rarely wait for long for any part of the appointment (the longest time is, of course, the wait between the nurse and the doctor, but even that is only about 5 minutes). As long as I have an urgent care nearby, I might just keep our pediatrician for the time being.

Anyway, as always, he's growing perfectly well. I got another reminder that poor Connor inherited his dad's uber-fair complexion and we should invest in sunscreen stock, but I was complimented because she could tell I took care of his skin when out in the sun because of how fair-skinned he still was.

When I hesitated over the question of "does he have any words yet", she assured me it's normal. He does have words, but other than "mom" and "Beau", I couldn't think of any. He communicates more with grunts and non-verbal cues. Still, I think I might make a little more effort in naming things for him as we go through our day. I do so much for him without talking to him about it. Oh, he does wave and say "hi", so I guess that counts too. He just doesn't talk as much as the girls did at this age and it was kind of a shock to realize that.

And now for stats. Like his sisters he continues to slim down. He dropped on the weight chart enough that the doctor commented on it, but expressed no concern, pointing out the girls were. She was even less concerned when I mentioned we had finally stopped most of our nursing sessions, dropping 2 of them in the past month alone.

Height: 31" (50%, previously 21.5")
Weight: 22lb 2oz (10-25%, previously 21lb 9oz)

I have more to share, but that will have to be later. For now, summer keeps going and we're enjoying ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment