Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Houston Children's Museum

We braved the children's museum today. I have been wanting to go for almost as long as we have lived in Houston, but never got around to it until today. Coming home... I remain unimpressed. It might have been different if I had gone before we had Connor or if I had James to help out. It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't that much fun and a lot of that is because I felt outnumbered in many ways.

It also didn't help that there were a large number of school groups who tended to take over once they were set loose. When my 4 & 5 year old are being crowded out by older kids without direct adult supervision... *sigh* Also, when I attempted to go to the tot spot to let Connor have some roaming time, they refused to let me in because the girls were too big. I understand they don't want big kids playing there, but there was no option for the girls to sit quietly somewhere and let their little brother have a moment. So, basically, Connor spent the entire trip in the stroller, since when I let him out he tended to shove legos and plastic cubes in his mouth...

The point was to stretch and touch 4 lights at once before they changed. Megan just danced.

The girls got overwhelmed early on, so we took a break to color.

Finally found something the girls would do without hanging on to me. A mini obstacle course.

With apron strings snipped, the girls braved the rock wall.

They didn't get very high, but they were so proud of how high they did get.

Playing with water and PVC pipes. Mostly just water in Connor's case.

Admiring the newly hatched baby chicks right before another school group crowded us out.

Connor's new little friend. The little guy hopped right over to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment